Treatments and specialties at our dental clinic with dentists who can assist you in different languages
Implantology is the science, within dentistry, that concerns itself with offering implant solutions for the loss of teeth.
In fact, if one or more teeth have been lost, with current advances in implantology, there are various solutions to choose from.
Dental implants are small cylindrical elements made of titanium, which are implanted in the bone thanks to a small surgical intervention. They act and serve as roots for the new teeth. To give it the appearance of a tooth, a crown is fixed on top of the implant, which is the most visible part.
Dental implantology is the most advanced treatment option for the loss of teeth, as it serves as the perfect replacement for the natural teeth. Moreover, they are a durable solution and are designed to recover all natural dental function.
To carry out a dental implant, the patient undergoes a simple and quick surgical intervention followed by a rehabilitation, and then a pre-established periodical follow up plan. It’s important to note that the patient should alert the dental clinic in the case of any abnormal situation or discomfort.
Implantología y cirugía oral
Dental implants can be for just about anyone, but it will depend on the medical history of each patient, a physical examination and radiological tests to get a full picture regarding whether or not an implant would be a viable option or not. This will also help provide the implantologist and the patient with a plan of action to obtain the best results possible.
Benefits of dental implants
The benefits of dental implants with regards to other types of treatments are diverse: aesthetic, comfort, durability, health and hygiene.
With dental implants we can achieve a smile that will make us feel more comfortable and confident. At the same time, it will allow the patient to chew as normal.
Post-surgery recommendations from our specialist, Dr. Nacho Cañameras
It’s recommended to bite down on a gauze for 20 minutes after the intervention.
• Once we’ve removed the gauze, if the bleeding is abnormal, we should fold the gauze, place it on the affected area and bite down on it for 30 minutes, in such a way that it applies pressure on the wound. This can be repeated several times.
• The patient should not rinse the wound with any liquid for the first 24 hours, since this could cause a clot to be opened and then we’d have to start over again.
• While the anesthesia is still in effect, it’s important not to bite the lips, tongue nor the cheeks.
• During the first few days, it is recommended to consume soft or pureed food, either at room temperature or cold.
• The day after the intervention, we can rinse the mouth with mouthwash. It’s important to maintain proper oral hygiene. If not, complications may arise, which could provoke a failure of the treatment.
• To prevent excessive inflammation of the areas of the face that received treatment, a bag of ice or cold towels can be applied to the area for the first 4 hours after the intervention for 5 minutes at a time with 5 minute rests.
• We strongly advise against smoking during the first few days after the intervention Tobacco is a risk factor that can cause rejection of the implants and can results in complications post surgery.
Some inflammation may occur after the surgery, but this is normal after any intervention, and we can feel some pain, which will be controlled with the prescribed medication. In the event of an intolerance or unexpected symptom, it’s important to contact the dental clinic as soon as possible.
It is also normal to possibly see bruised areas, but it will get better with the passing of days.
For the success of the surgery it will be of utmost importance that the norms and visits established with the specialist are followed closely.
To us, every patient is unique. Let us take care of you!
Come visit us and experience something new: slow dentistry
I’d like to request information
Implantology and maxillofacial surgery
Ask us anything. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible!
- ¿When is invisible orthodontics recommended in Barcelona? - ¿Do you know in which cases invisible orthodontics is recommendable? Talking about invisible… + ver más
- How to avoid the fear of going to the dentist in Barcelona - There is no doubt. Having fear to the dentist is one of the… + ver más
- How to relieve toothache - Toothache is something very common that you should take into consideration, it shows… + ver más
- Invisible orthodontics: a perfect smile without being noticed - Getting a perfect smile is easier than you might think especially with invisible… + ver más