With each passing day, more and more people are aware of the importance of optimal oral health. And not only for everything that surrounds aesthetics. Here is where we found dental veneers. Because although it is also important to be able to project the image we want, it must be said that good oral health is synonymous of a good quality of life.
This reality means that there are many treatments and resources that are continuously working within the sector. One of them is the veneers that we are going to talk about in these lines.
¿What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are a resource that dentists use to cover some of the defects that teeth can have. Among these defects we can find some of the most common:
● Discoloration of the dental pieces. There are many occasions in which the teeth are damaged by the consumption of alcohol, coffee, tobacco or any other type of food. A damage that causes the pieces to take on a tone, generally darker, which is not what corresponds to it.
● Minor deformities. Although it is true that for the most severe deformities, there are other types of treatments, for those that can be classified as mild, we can use the veneers. Notches or small erosions are the main candidates for this treatment.
● Clearance between pieces. The passage of time, or simply the genetics themselves, may be the cause of this gap between the teeth. Well, currently this is a problem that can be treated without any kind of problem thanks to dental veneers.
It must be said that this type of treatment offers very satisfactory results from all points of view. More and more experts recommend it and, as it cannot be otherwise, more patients request it.
¿What types of dental veneers exist?
If we consider that it is an increasingly widespread system and great results are achieved, it is not surprising that a large amount of resources has been invested in its study.
This study has not only had as its main consequence the best of the system. It has also brought with it a series of alternatives within the dental veneers that can be adjusted for all patients.
Porcelain or ceramic dental veneers
Without any doubt we are talking about the most widely used dental veneers. Admittedly, the price of these veneers is somewhat higher than the price of those made of composite. However, they are of higher quality and therefore their durability is also greater. However, within this type of veneers, we can find two types.
● Ultrathin. These are the ones that offer optimal results. With a maximum thickness of 1 mm, we are facing a veneer that is made from injected porcelain which gives it extraordinary resistance.
● Zirconium. The resistance offered by zirconium is somewhat higher than ultrathin veneers. To this we must add that zirconium has the ability to be a transparent material. However, one very important detail must be taken into account: thickness. And is that in this case we are talking about a somewhat thicker veneer and therefore it may be that something more annoying.
● Lithium disilicate. In this case we find a material that is the result of combining glass and ceramic. A really effective material since it has proven to have really extraordinary durability. A quality that must be added to its good foundation and its ease of handling it by specialists.
Composite dental veneers
Talk about composite means talking about a material that has a superlative degree of resistance. This material is used today by the aeronautical and aerospace industries for the manufacture of certain parts.
From there, it should be noted that the implantation in the patient of this type of veneers can be carried out in just one session. This means increasing comfort not only for the patient, but also for the specialist. And it is that when a treatment does not last longer than necessary, it is always good news.
If we take into account the existing studies and expert opinions, dental veneers made from composite are preferred when the objective is to cover small imperfections, which do not have a high severity.
Likewise, we must also bear in mind that it is also a solution that is widely used with the youngest, specifically in those adolescents who have not yet reached the age of 18.
This is because porcelain treatment, another treatment that we talked about just a few moments ago, is more indicated for people of legal age, who have already had a complete development of their dental pieces.
However, the truth is that it must be the dentist who has to make the best choice for each patient. Each case is different from the previous one and there are many factors that will determine the solution chosen.
To the benefits of dental veneers must be added one that is essential for many patients. We are talking about the price. It is not an excessively expensive treatment but, if necessary, more and more clinics, if not all, offer more than interesting financing.
At the end of the day, what it is about is that anyone can have access to a quality solution to a series of problems that are very frequent and that can ruin the lifestyle that they intend to lead